Car Wash Success For Your Convenience Store
Free C-Store Analytics Tool
You Can Really Clean Up with a Car Wash!
The average convenience store relies upon fuel to bring vehicles, and consumers, to their site. Lagging tobacco, alcohol and candy sales aren’t enough to attract consumers. But adding a car wash can be a real differentiator to your store’s traffic. It’s a fact that consumer will purchase a car wash on average for every 100 to 200 gallons of fuel sold; depending upon the site’s geography and seasonality. And unlike fuel and tobacco, car wash profit margins can be double or triple other in-store goods. And in this age of “do-it-for-me”, car washes are more popular than ever topping $50 billion in sales- when a consumer also purchases fuel.
A car wash will differentiate from your competitors bringing back repeat consumers by delivering a great car wash at a fair price. And those extra consumers will come inside your stores increasing your ticket average and items purchased.
How C-Store Owners Can Boost Profits
NCS will not only help you plan, develop and manage your car wash, but we also have the skills and experience to help make it a success.
Here a few steps that NCS can help to differentiate your business and increase profits:
- Install the latest in-bay or express tunnel equipment at your c-store location to maximize throughput.
- Offer exciting value-added options to trade up consumers for higher ticket rings
- Add “theater” to your in-bay car wash including bright LED lighting, dazzling entrance arches, fun fragrances and bright detergents, foams and waxes to wow your consumers.
- Optimize your car wash pricing to maximize revenues and profits
- Tie your c-store loyalty programs together with car wash promotions, BOGOs and rewards.
- Provide free air, vacuums, cleaning supplies and waste bins for added convenience.
- Market your car wash using signage, social media and digital advertising.
- Normalize and budget your car wash repair expenses with a premium maintenance service contract that covers all parts, labor, service calls, etc. under one low monthly price.
- Properly train your car wash manager through enrollment in relevant courses.
SOURCE: NACS study data, industry data, car wash surveys and business
** SOURCE: https://brandongaille.com/19-car-wash-industry-statistics-and-trends/