Helping Retailers Clean Up in the Car Wash Business
The retail industry is tough with competition everywhere, including online. Retail foot traffic is down- what can you do to draw in consumers and keep them coming back? Adding a car wash can be a real differentiator to your store’s retail traffic. It’s a fact that in this age of “do-it-for-me”, car washes are more popular than ever topping $50 billion in sales- when a consumer also purchases fuel. And unlike other retail categories with slim margins, car wash profit margins can be double or triple other in-store retail goods and services.
A car wash will differentiate from your retail competitors bringing back repeat consumers by delivering a great car wash at a fair price. And those extra consumers will come inside your retail stores increasing your ticket average and items purchased.
How Retailers Can Boost Profits
NCS will not only help you plan, develop and manage your retail store car wash; we also have the skills and experience to help make it a success.
Here are just a few steps NCS can help to differentiate your retail business and increase profits:
- Install the latest in-bay or express tunnel equipment at your retail location to maximize throughput.
- Offer exciting value-added options to trade up consumers for higher ticket rings
- Add “theater” to your in-bay car wash including bright LED lighting, dazzling entrance arches, fun fragrances and bright detergents, foams and waxes to wow your consumers.
- Optimize your car wash pricing to maximize revenues and profits
- Tie your retail loyalty programs together with car wash promotions, BOGOs and rewards.
- Provide free air, vacuums, cleaning supplies and waste bins for added convenience.
- Market your car wash using signage, social media and digital advertising.
- Normalize and budget your car wash repair expenses with a premium maintenance service contract that covers all parts, labor, service calls, etc. under one low monthly price.
- Properly train your car wash management team through enrollment in relevant courses.
* SOURCES: NACS study data, industry data, car wash surveys and business intelligence.